1. Violence continues this week in the Gaza Strip, with fears rising on both sides that this will be an especially long and bloody conflict. Are the Israeli Defense Forces preparing for a ground invasion of Gaza?
2. The famous college dropout Bill Gates is urging us college students to stay in school, and raising awareness about our country’s astoundingly high college dropout rate.
3. Hillary Clinton will testify next month before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs to address the administration’s handling of the September 11th embassy attack in Benghazi, Libya.
4. What is this “fiscal cliff” everyone’s talking about? A helpful overview from the New York Times.
5. An unemployed black woman decided to start pretending she was white on job applications. The result? Within a few days, her white application got nine call backs. Her real application got none.
6. BP will be fined $4 billion for their handling of the gulf oil spill, and the supervisors directly responsible for the spill have been charged with manslaughter.
By: Mike Guisinger
(Photo courtesy of sxc.hu)