Liftoff (10.29.12)By Amanda Yerke on October 29, 2012 at 10:00 am
What you may have missed this weekend:
- Last night, the Tigers finished off a successful 2012 season in disappointing fashion with a fourth straight loss to the Giants in the World Series. The final score was 4-3 in 10 innings. Dean Holden of B/R lists what the Detroit Lions should learn from the Tiger’s season.
- The East Coast braces for Hurricane Sandy with public transit closures, school closures, and evacuations. President Barak Obama has declared a state of emergency for the District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, and New York.
- The pending hurricane has forced serious changes in the final days before the presidential election including no early voting in Maryland and cancelled rallies in critical battleground states.
- A New York nanny allegedly murdered the two young children in her care before stabbing herself. The unnerving incident has alarmed working families across the world.
- Government airstrikes have eliminated the potential for a temporary truce between President Bashar al-Assad’s forces and rebels in Syria.
- A Bulgarian blogger exposed the personal privacy issues associated with Facebook accounts after he purchased information from more than one million Facebook data entries for only $5.00.
By: Amanda Yerke
(Photo courtesy of sxc.hu)