1. Images of this years Hajj to Mecca — a great photo essay from The Atlantic.
2. Violence erupted between Buddhists and Muslims in Myanmar this week, leaving 56 dead and nearly 2000 homes destroyed.
3. How did Chinese prime minister Wen Jiabao’s family, once of very meager means, end up with billions of dollars in investments?
4. Where are the candidates spending money on TV campaign ads? Check out this helpful graphic from the Washington Post.
5. In Arizona, it’s getting increasingly difficult for Native Americans to cast a ballot this November.
6. After promising to donate $5 million dollars to a charity of Obama’s choice if Obama releases his college records and applications, Donald Trump received a proposition himself from Stephen Colbert.
By: Mike Gusinger
(Photo courtesy of sxc.hu)