Liftoff (10.22.12)By Amanda Yerke on October 22, 2012 at 10:00 am
- The University of Michigan football team celebrated their 900th victory in their 12-10 win over Michigan State University on Saturday night.
- Police released a sketch of a potential suspect in the local shootings. Although no one has been hurt, 16 incidents of random car shootings off of I-96 have been reported since Thursday.
- President Barak Obama and Republican candidate Mitt Romney will face off in the third and final presidential debate on Monday night at 9P.M. ET. Administrative consultants believe that the candidates will focus on international affairs.
- Pope Benedict XVI canonized seven devote Catholics into sainthood on Sunday, including two Americans.
- A man shot seven women, killing three, before he shot himself to death at a spa in Brookfield, Wisconsin. The shooters estranged wife was an employee at the salon and the incident is allegedly attributed to domestic violence.
- Friday marked the 25th anniversary of the infamous Wall Street crash known as Black Monday. Experts question whether or not the modern market is any more stable.
By: Amanda Yerke
(Photo courtesy of sxc.hu)