1. What are the members of the Russian feminist collective Pussy Riot doing in jail? Reading the bible, and still causing trouble.
2. Todd Akin, the representative from Missouri whose campaign was nearly killed when he claimed that women can’t get pregnant from “legitimate rape,” is revitalizing his campaign as Republican money flows back in and an army of homeschoolers promote his candidacy on the ground.
3. Conor Friedersdorf, a vocal critic of Romney and the Republican party, makes a case for not voting for Obama and not voting at all because of Obama’s program of extrajudicial drone strikes in the Middle East.
4. Obama has the highest lead in Florida and Ohio yet. Is Romeny’s campaign over?
5. The Atlantic has published a disturbing series of photographs of human slavery around the world today.
6. NASA has found evidence of water on Mars.
7. The first day of voting started yesterday, as Iowa begins to cast early ballots.
By: Mike Guisinger
(Photo courtesy of sxc.hu)