Liftoff (9.24.12)By Amanda Yerke on September 24, 2012 at 10:00 am
- Thousands of loyal Apple fans are currently enjoying the eagerly anticipated iPhone 5 after it was distributed worldwide last Friday. Devoted Apple consumers were determined to be the first to possess new gadget, waiting in lines that were 83% longer than those for the iPhone 4s according to analysts.
- Researchers have divided breast cancer into four distinct categories, isolating genetic differences between each type. The discoveries may lead to a variety of new and more effective treatment strategies for women around the world.
- Barack Obama and Mitt Romney prepare for the first presidential debate of election season. The debate is scheduled for October 3rd.
- The first keg of Germany’s 179th Oktoberfest was tapped in Munich on Saturday afternoon. The 16-day festival expects to welcome nearly 6 million guests from around the world.
- One in every three U.S. children are either overweight or obese. The physical and emotional effects of this stagering statistic are explored by researchers who are determined to shed light on the treacherous consequences looming over America’s youth.
- Avid technology users are in grave danger of contracting “Text Neck” due to compulsive overuse. According to specialists, the only cure for this mysterious diagnosis is good posture along with frequent breaks from texting, typing, and gaming.
By: Amanda Yerke
(Photo by Flying Jenny under a Creative Commons License)