1. The Chicago Teacher’s Union chose to strike on Monday after contract negotiations fell through. 400,000 Chicago students have now had a whole week off.
3. To Israel’s dismay President Obama refused to define a tipping point for when the U.S. would use military action against Iran because of its nuclear program.
4. Has the War on Poverty worked? That’s a complex question, but most researchers, and this new study, agree — yes it has.
5. Someone actually took the time to figure out how to attach an i-pad to a typewriter.
6. Who, primarily, will states’ new voter ID laws affect at the polls in November?
7. What was once one of the most important lakes in Central Asia, the Aral Sea, is rapidly drying up. Can Kazakhstan reverse the trend?
By: Mike Guisinger
(Photo Courtesy of sxc.hu)