Liftoff (4.16.12)By Tanya Rogovyk on April 16, 2012 at 10:00 am
Catch up on what’s been going on over the weekend.
- Yesterday marked the 100-year anniversary of the sinking of Titanic. Check out how the event was covered in the news in the year 1912.
- The rainy weather today was caused by a large storm that covered the midwest. Luckily, only one tornado out of the many caused any fatalities. The safety of the public during this weekend is credited to the well in advance warnings that were issued. Check out the intimidating pictures of the storms here.
- President Obama calls for thorough investigation of Secret Service scandal.
- The US denies to have played any role in the failure of North Korea’s missile launch.
- No graduate of a Big Ten school has ever been President. Check out this great OpEd piece on the issue.
By: Tanya Rogovyk
(Photo by UMHealthSystem under a Creative Commons license)