Here are some of this week’s best links we missed on All Things Consider:
1. The multinational bio-tech corporation, Monsanto, was found guilty of chemical poisoning in a French court.
2. An anthropological perspective on the conservative claim that marriage is, historically, between one man and one woman.
3. Noam Chomsky critiques the concept of “America in decline” as a global superpower.
4. Truly stunning stereographic photos of the American Civil War. Scroll down to the second photo and click.
5. Can doctors use simple blood tests to screen for depression? A new study says it is– new research have been able to detect multiple telltale biomarkers in patients with classic symptoms of depression.
6. Tim Parks defends the e-book in a piece for the New York Review of Books.
7. Facebook seems to be outsourcing graphic content monitors, and the working conditions are disturbing.
8. Students across the country, including right here at U of M, are pushing for tuition equality for undocumented immigrant students.
By: Mike Guisinger
(Photo by Werner Kunz under a Creative Commons license)