Here are some of this week’s best links that we missed on All Things Consider:
1. Cats and parasites and schizophrenia: unfortunately a Czech scientist has discovered a possible connection.
2. The siege of Homs in Syria continues, and things do not appear to be getting any better.
3. A critical piece on Chris Mooney’s new book, The Republican Brain, which itself controversially critiques conservative ideology with new neurobiological research.
4. The Education gap between the rich and the poor is growing, according in part to a study conducted by researchers here at the University of Michigan.
5. In January black unemployment saw its steepest drop—2 points—since the beginning of the recession.
6. A helpful map from Talking Points Memo on the state of gay marriage across the United States.
7. The New Yorker has published a profile of Rick Ross.
By: Mike Guisinger
(Photo by Atli Harðarson under a Creative Commons license)