Here are some of this week’s best links that we missed on All Things Consider:
1. The ACLU is suing the Obama administration for refusing to disclose information on the assassinations of three American citizens in Yemen.
2. A former chief economist at the IMF explains why a global economic recovery will fail without breaking the “financial oligarchy” that is blocking essential banking reform. A long piece, but well worth your time.
3. An October Gallup poll showed the majority of Americans supports marijuana legalization. Why won’t Washington touch the issue?
4. While our university did just commit $14 million to sustainable energy initiatives, we also have $814.8 million invested in the traditional energy sector.
6. Russian scientists are about to drill into an underground lake that hasn’t seen light for twenty million years. Will there be life?
By: Mike Guisinger
(Photo by Trey Ratcliff under a Creative Commons license)