The week’s best links that we didn’t get to:
1. Michigan governor Rick Snyder makes a 15% cut to higher education funding.
2. The case against cutting Social Security
3. The federal government is basically a huge insurance company…
4. …though Americans are basically clueless about this and other ways the government spends.
5. The FCC’s proposed net neutrality rules were already weak, and yesterday House Republicans voted to defund them.
6. Are higher education standards and higher graduation rates contradictory goals?
7. The impending nasty fate of Pell Grants.
8. Winners of the World Press Photo competition
9. Making music with the Large Hadron Collider
(Image by jdnx used under a Creative Commons license.)